[Ronja] Miraculous soldering: aluminum

gullik.webjorn at flysta.net gullik.webjorn at flysta.net
Wed Apr 30 21:55:06 BST 2008

	More miracles....

	Aluminum can be soldered with ordinary resin flux solder with he
following procedure:

	1 clean aluminum while covered with mineral oil using emery paper

	2 with oil still covering the aluminum tin the surface using a
soldeing iron and resin-core solder

	3 once the aluminum is tinned, it can be cleaned, and processed
similar to brass or copper
	It is imperative that the surface is covered with mineral oil until
tinned, since any oxygen will

	immediately oxidize the surface and AlO2 repells tin solder, while
Al and tin are compatible

	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 On Wed 30/04/08 12:42 PM , Kubajz kubajz at kbx.cz sent:
  This sounds great. Soldering on zinc was a kind of nightmare for
me. I
 will try it next week...

 Twibright Ronja mailing list http://ronja.twibright.com [1]
 Ronja at lists.pointless.net [2]