[Ronja] Ronja on Routerboard/Wrap?

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Mon Oct 29 20:51:40 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:46:58PM +0100, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 11:21:22PM +0100, Vladimir Obradovic wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > does anyone have experience in connecting Ronja Twister to Routerboard
> > or Wrap engines running Mikrotiks RouterOS?
> We used Ronja Twister with Wrap running regular Linux without any
> problems for years.

Was it with the internal National DP83816 network card or did you have an
external one in the miniPCI slot (if it exists at all)?

BTW Wrap is not manufactured anymore now there is a new platform called Alix
which has Via VT6105M network cards.

There can be basically two problems - lacking support of manual full duplex in
the driver (can be solved theiretically in software). Another is if the network
card has a sloppy implementation of clock recovery which is sensitive to jitter
in the signal - then the range is reduced.