[Ronja] packetloss nad 1500B

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Mon Apr 11 15:05:36 BST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 03:50:50PM +0200, Martin Kucko wrote:
> At 18:01 9.4.2005 +0000, you wrote:

> >the

> >you
> >systems

> >possible. I

> >Ronja

> >cable

> >design

> >Please

> >> Problem isn't in FD setting. Just NIC can't work FD that's all. Today's
> >> night I disconnect switch (and disconnect all PCs connected via switch).
> >> And connect twister into the PC NIC. Packet over 1500 works with 0%
> >> packetloss. Problem is, twister can't works good, when it's connected to
> >> the switch. I think that problem can be only with small percent of
> >> switches. This switch is infosmart.
> >
> >Does your switch have an auto MDI/MDIX function?
> >How old is the switch?
> >
> >CL<
>
> Krizit umi.
> Je kupovany koncem lonskeho roku.

Aha. So my guess is that the problem is in the switch, because other
switches with auto MDI/MDIX have been reported to have similar problems.

I guess that you must have obtained the switch from someone, that you probably
didn't just pull it out of your ass or that you are not mining them in your
garden. And I also expect that if the someone is providing them with an
intention to be used in a larger system (not just as a pad to fix swinging
table), that he will also provide an interface specification of the switch.

So that what is written by it that are the names of the specifications that
describe the RJ45 interface of the switch? I am particularly interested in a
pointer to the specification that describes the auto MDI/MDIX function :)

CL<